HP3000-L Archives

November 1995, Week 2

From:
Jerry Fochtman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 8 Nov 1995 08:26:00 -0800
On Monday, 11/6 CValdes <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

: I'm having the most strange problem with a very large Cobol program and
: would like to see the  assembly code generated. I am running 5.0 and have
: the Cobol II compiler from HP.
:
: Is there an option, to which file does the output go?

Assuming your reference to COBOL-II is the compatibility-mode compiler,
one of the approaches I've used is to utilize the DECOMP program to
view the compiled object code.  There have been various versions of this
utility around for since MPE-III days.  At onetime some vendors even
included it on their product tapes so you might check around as you may
have it.  Vesoft had a version at onetime called VEDECOMP also.  If you're
an Interex Site, you can probably download/FTP a version from there also.

If you're actually using native mode COBOL, you'll want to get a copy of
the AVATAR product from Allegro Consultants, which I believe is now available
from Lund Performance Solutions @ 503/926-3800.

-- Jerry