HP3000-L Archives

November 1995, Week 2

From:
Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Nov 1995 20:29:32 EST
Due to the growing traffic on our Internet link, as well as phenomenal
increase in local traffic on campus, we have been running a backlog of
mail delivery during peak periods (weekdays).  You may have noticed an
absence of the usual quick turnaround on postings and their follow-ups,
this is probably the reason behind it.

On the bright side, we will be doubling our Internet bandwidth possibly
this week (additional T1 and hardware are here, just need to co-ordinate
the switchover with UT-Knoxville).  Apologies for any inconvenience (it
has little or nothing to do with this list, but rather tripling the number
of networked machines on campus, and they're figuring out how to surf).

[\] Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>