HP3000-L Archives

November 1995, Week 2

From:
Chris Bartram <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 7 Nov 1995 22:20:01 -0400
 In <[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask] writes:

> According to Geoff Harper:
> >
> > Finally, a warning to HPDesk mailsystem managers:  It's a good idea to keep
> > all HPDesk-relevant groups on the same volume set.
> >

> Thanks for the warning. We were considering moving just the MAILDB.HPOFFICE
> group to a different volume set, now we will move all of HPOFFICE.

If you use FSC services, be SURE the group your FSC files are in is on the
same volume set as the other groups in HPOFFICE. We've worked with four sites
in the past two weeks that had their FSC interface mysteriously gag on all
messages because the FSC destination group was on another volset... It
shouldn't be a big deal, but apparently desk builds (temp?) files in another
group and RENAMEs them (sound familiar?!?) into the FSC file group...

                     -Chris Bartram