HP3000-L Archives

November 1995, Week 2

From:
Bob Jankalski <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Jankalski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Nov 1995 15:04:05 -0500

>   I have the firmware and LANIC card.  The LANIC card came from a S/70
> though, so I still must plug it in and see if it works (I lost a LANIC
> for a S/42, but these look identical, so I hope they really ARE identical
> and will thusly work).  Even though I have the new CPS, I run G.A3.07,
> dating from 1984 I believe.  HP was supposed to call me back on getting
> an upgrade, but hasn't yet.
>
> > details of that one) but essentially the LANIC goes in a HIGH priority
> > slot, or else it won't work (been there, done that, have the T-shirt).
>
>   Yep, put it in CPU slot.  Thank goodness for color coded slots. :)

Yes, the LANIC for the 70 is the same board as for a 42. The highest
priority I/O slots in the 42 are closest to the CPU cards (closer is
higher) but leave the console's ADCC ( and extender if present) in the
highest priority slot(s), that is the first I/O slots right of the
CPU board as viewed from the rear.

Bob Jankalski -- Ideal Computer Services