HP3000-L Archives

November 1995, Week 1

From:
Denys Beauchemin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 6 Nov 1995 16:06:27 -0500
In a message dated 95-11-06 15:10:02 EST, [log in to unmask] (Glenn Cole)
writes:

>2. There is an Extension (WorldTime) that you can get (shareware?
>freeware?) that will do this automatically. It is based, I believe, on the
>location you have set for yourself in the Map control panel. (Isn't it neat
>how changing your location in Map automatically changes the time?)

Glenn,

Thanks for the info, I will keep it in mind.  Yes, the map thing in Win95 is
really neat.  I always knew there were a lot of time zones, I just was not
aware that there were that many.  However, Mickeysoft seems to have missed a
few, there are some 15 minutes and 45 minutes time zones in the South Pacific
somewhere.  I am resisting the urge to pull out my encyclopediae, they are
too heavy, or on a different CD.  I am sure that Jim Wowchuck will set me
straight very quickly.

BTW, I have received a couple of messages offline where the senders have
indicated that their Win95 changed the time twice, once live, then after a
restart.  My main PC is always live as it is running Delrina Winfax pro,
waiting for faxes to come in on its- are you listening, Stan? - US Robotics,
Sportster V.34 28.8 faxmodem ! ! :-> :-) :-> :-) :-> :-) :->   (Long
sustained laughter)  My USR has never burped once (So I guess now it will
die.)  This might have something to do with the fact that I added another fan
in my mini-tower, after all, it has a lot of cards and devices.

Kind regards,

Denys. . .