HP3000-L Archives

November 1995, Week 1

From:
ChipDorm <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 5 Nov 1995 10:50:40 -0500
I have upgraded my PC to a P5-100 and added a Diamond Sealth 64 card in
the process.  I use Reflection 1v5.0 for serial access via COM2 to my
HP3000/980.  Well...since doin' all of this I have developed a very
annoying problem with communications to the 3000.  At random times, one or
two whole incoming bytes from the 3000 are just missed by the PC.  I have
check everything I can think of (used Sessions and WFW's terminal module
with the same effect).  I called WRQ and they hinted that possibly the
video card was locking-out the interrupt lines while doing updates.  I
have the latest and greatest of all drivers and  my PCs ROM version was
updated in July 95.
Incidentally, the dropped characters occur only when the
R1/Session/Terminal windows have to call a vertical scroll (VSCROLL???).
I called Diamond 10 days ago and have not received a response.
Anyone ever seen this problem??? Know a work-around??  I have tried
everyting I can think of...

Thanks.

Chip  {:-)

Take the second star to the right and on until morning.