HP3000-L Archives

November 1995, Week 1

From:
Leibovitch Moshe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Leibovitch Moshe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Nov 1995 10:19:53 -0600
Hi,

I got many answers, tryied all of them, and none of them worked. It might
be that the file i am trying to print is a bytestream file. The closest i
got to the real thing was by using the cp command under the posix shell.
only ONE pixel line was corrupted (close but no cigar). The reason Jim
Wowchuck couldnt use the cp command was that his file was not bytestream.
The cat command is treating the file as record structured (on the
reasonable assumption that if you want to see it, it is probably text).

I also tryed opening the print device using HPFOPEN either as a formal
designator to a printer or directly the device. on both ways the
operating system created a file that had varibale length records (it
ignored my record type item).

Any idaes????

Moshe