HP3000-L Archives

October 1995, Week 4

From:
James Overman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
James Overman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 1995 20:58:00 GMT
Vickie Timms ([log in to unmask]) wrote:
: Ok, I read most of the communicator concerning the new program to change the
: clock.  But I didn't see a listing of time zones.  I'm in South Carolina, so
: when I do a showclock now, it shows 4 hours 0 minutes Western Hemisphere.
: If I'm thinking right (not likely!) this should be the correct timezone for
: me.  Will this cause an automatic time change off daylight savings time this
: weekend or do I need to run a job to schedule a clock change?  Thanks.
Page 10-51 of the General Release 5.0 Communicator describes the SETCLOCK
command to change timezones.  The HELP subsystem also has an extensive
discussion of the TimeZONE form of the SETCLOCK command.  Note that the
user needs DI and (OP or SM) capabilities.  So, to set your clock BACK
add one to the timezone offset (W7:00 becomes W8:00).  Now isn't THAT
intuitive!!
--
 James Overman HP Support Technology Lab  Roseville, CA