HP3000-L Archives

October 1995, Week 4

From:
Eero Laurila <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Eero Laurila <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 1995 16:27:13 GMT
Dan Hollis ([log in to unmask]) wrote:
: Does anyone have specs available on the NSVT protocol? Not the raw ethernet
: VT packets, I'm talking about VT on top of TCP/IP.

- I sure have.  Would be very tedious to document all of the messages here,
  however, if you have some specific msgs you want to decode that would be
  fine.  Also, I have about one page long summary that decodes all VT packet
  (8-byte) headers (not the data section of the packet - that varies depending
  on the message type).   On the other hand, there's a manual available from
  HP called NS Message Formats Manual, latest edition is from 1992 (I think)
  and it's almost 100% correct (there have been few changes since).

  I don't know if you can order just the manual itself - see the attached
  message:

 > At the moment, customers have to order the NS Message Formats Manual
 > under the manual KIT number (kit gives you binder/spine).
 > The kit number is 91790-61024.
 >
 > DSD hopes to make arrangements in the next few months so that you
 > can order the manual alone, under the manual part number (5958-8523).

  Please let me know if I can be of more help.

  Cheers,
  :-) Eero - HP CSY Networking lab, NS services, VT.