HP3000-L Archives

October 1995, Week 4

From:
Stan Sieler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stan Sieler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 1995 12:11:08 -0700
Mike writes:

> mpe/ix RELEASE: C.50.00 possible security problem:
>
> Be advised that the makecat program functions differently as of c.50.00.
> Installing a customized message catalog now requires an update!
> To replace the catalog you must run makecat then create a new SLT then
> update from that SLT.

Or,

you can build a new catalog (with a different name, say, FOO.PUB.SYS), and do:

   :hello manager.sys
   :sh.hpbin.sys
   mv CATALOG CATALOG0
   mv FOO CATALOG
   exit

   and reboot.

I tested the "mv CATALOG CATALOG0", and it seemed to work fine, so I
simply undid the effect by doing "mv CATALOG0 CATALOG".

--
Stan Sieler                                          [log in to unmask]
                                     http://www.allegro.com/sieler.html