HP3000-L Archives

October 1995, Week 3

From:
Leon Degeling <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Leon Degeling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Oct 1995 23:59:49 +-100
>I have ASK image database that needs to re-size (change capacity) once it
>reached to 80% full. I usually view the SYUT979, then run Adager, parm = 8
>to create a stream job. But I wonder if there is a way to automate the
>process, the system will wake up and knows the data sets  reached to 80% and
>automatically create a Adager job to run at night?
>Any idea?

>//Susan

I wrote a programme to do this,
It reads all capacities of all sets,
Checks if capacities are between certain treshholds
Check on which volume it is
then calculates perfect capacities for masters (better than adager),
and standard capacities for details
and then generates an adagerjob to do the work.
After the CHAN CAPA it tells adager to MOVE the dataset back to the right volume, because adager forgets where the dataset came from.

I'ts a cobolprogramme so you'll need a cobol-compiler
I'll put it on my FTP site in a view days.
Will give you the address later.

Leon Degeling
http://www.pi.net/~leon