HP3000-L Archives

October 1995, Week 2

From:
Eric Schubert <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Eric Schubert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Oct 1995 17:00:30 -0400
FROM: Chris Bartram <[log in to unmask]>
SUBJECT: Re: HP FTP
DATE: Wed, 11 Oct 1995 15:34:18 -0400
ORGANIZATION: 3k Associates

Chris says:
> Your challenge now is to find the right combination of
> FCOPY attributes and/or using the
> TOBYTE program to get it into byte-stream format and useable.

 To get "it" into byte-stream format I enter the shell and do:

 > cat /ACCT/GRP/MPEFILE >posixfile

But I agree with all the comments about "it's kludge time" or better yet
"miller time" depending upon how things are going.

I find it handy to set environment variables of paths I need to travel and
invoke the vars.  For example,

:showvar

CGISRC = cd /WWW/WWW/httpd_1.3/cgi-src
CGIBIN = cd /WWW/WWW/httpd_1.3/cgi-bin
LOGS = cd /WWW/WWW/httpd_1.3/logs
WWW = cd /WWW/WWW
GOARP = cd /WWW/WWW/ARPA/httpd_1.3/cgi-src
:

Then from the shell I type:

 $CGISRC

to change directories.

Eric J Schubert               Senior Data Base Analyst
Admin Information Services    Univ of Notre Dame, IN USA
(219) 631-7306                http://www.nd.edu/~eschuber