HP3000-L Archives

October 1995, Week 2

From:
Eric Schubert <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Eric Schubert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Oct 1995 13:23:59 -0400
Group: I want my cake and eat it too - question:

I wrote a WWW CGI script to do "callci" to a COBOL program.  The problem is
that any abort messages or "END OF PROGRAM" messages are sent to the Web
browser via Posix 'callci' piping mechanism.

I disabled messages within HTTPDJOB by doing:

 !setvar HPMSGFENCE,2

That sure solves the message problem - completely.

Two questions:

 1) Is there an abort trace FFD I can enter that redirects abort info to a
file or something with setvar HPMSGFENCE,2 active?

 2) Or can some FFD redirect all system messages while leaving the fence alone?

Thanks.
Eric J Schubert               Senior Data Base Analyst
Admin Information Services    Univ of Notre Dame, IN USA
(219) 631-7306                http://www.nd.edu/~eschuber