HP3000-L Archives

October 1995, Week 1

From:
Barry Lake <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Barry Lake <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Oct 1995 09:57:25 -0700
Hi Folks,

Last week we finally upgraded to MPE/iX 5.0 (Thanks for the help, Gavin).
This morning (Monday) we found our automated backup job from Friday night
waiting for a second tape. Obviously, the new OS is quite a bit larger
than 4.0, so I'd like to know if there are any files/filesets which can be
safely omitted from the STORE operation in order to get the backup down to
one 90 meter tape. FYI, we are not at this time using any of the POSIX
features. We currently do a ":STORE @[log in to unmask]@", with some exclusion sets.
Should I use ":STORE [log in to unmask]@.@" instead? As always, thanks in advance for the
help.

Barry Lake

"If you're not on the edge you're taking up too much space"