HP3000-L Archives

October 1995, Week 1

From:
Denys Beauchemin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 2 Oct 1995 11:30:49 -0400
In a message dated 95-10-02 11:01:32 EDT, [log in to unmask] (Larry Boyd)
writes:

>The reason we were happy about Win'95 having a de-installer was because
>we have not found the NE2000 drivers necessary for out Intel Express-16
>Lan cards.  Last week we did find the new drivers for the Xircom
>adapters, and Intel said their new drivers would be out "soon".

Well, that is odd.  Please do not tell this to the 250 PCs which we just
upgraded to Win95.  We installed Novell/Anthem (sp?) cards in them and
selected the NE2000 driver built into Windows 95.  Works fine, lasts a long
time.  Also Xircom on our Compaq notbooks, great stuff.

>When we find the driver that works, we will re-install Win'95 on our
>machines that are capable to support them and that are not already on
>Win/NT.  We do still use several 386s for fax and print servers that we
>do not expect to be upgrading any time soon.  These will stay on WFWG.
>
>Anyway, this was our problem with Win'95.

>Larry Boyd    <[log in to unmask]>

Kind regards,

Denys. . .