HP3000-L Archives

September 1995, Week 4

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
HP-3000 Systems Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
From:
Charles Finley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Sep 1995 09:51:00 -0700
To: John Joerger <[log in to unmask]>
On Sep 27,  8:56am, John Joerger wrote:
> Subject: Re: 1:Replacement for 2680A or Service Company

> > >As I've pointed out in another private post, this thread seems to be
> > >getting off track.  What some of us would like to have is a high-speed
> > >(if 45 ppm qualifies) fan-fold printer.  So far, all the solutions are
> > >cut-sheet printers.  I guess the answer is that there is no answer!
> >
> > The F100, F135 and F150 _are_ high-speed fanfold printers. As Don
> > Harrington points out, they are quite expensive, but they DO fill the need.
>
> Agreed, but I look at the least capable of these printers as being a
> significant upgrade to the 2680.  What I meant, and didn't convey in
> my last reply, is that there isn't a fanfold printer solution in the
> 50 ppm performance area.
>
> << snip printer capabilities >>
>
> > So these printers are what you're looking for, but they may be too
> > expensive for your needs.
>
> Yes!  There is no hope for me to cost justify a printer at this level.
> Actually, with papers prices skyrocketing, it is getting difficult to
> cost justify printing anything at all.
>
> > There's one other option: resellers like ConAm have 2680s at reasonable
>
> Thanks for this info.  I will begin the vendor pricing research later
> this year, as soon as the local HP office decides if they will continue
> to provide support.
>
> Regards,
>
> --- John Joerger  ([log in to unmask])  ---  Press-Telegram (Long Beach)
>-- End of excerpt from John Joerger

Plug ****

ConAm will continue to support the 2680A in the greater Los Angeles area and
any other market where we have a local office.  We have 12 under contract
already.

|  Charles Finley                                 Internet: [log in to unmask] |
|  ConAm Corporation                              Voice:  (310) 419-2200      |
|  546 N. Oak St., Inglewood, CA 90302            FAX:    (310) 419-2275      |