HP3000-L Archives

September 1995, Week 1

From:
Phil ESGUERRA <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Phil ESGUERRA <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Aug 1995 18:01:00 +0000
Hello all!

Has anyone dealt with the idea of disabling the "*everyone" name
in the SEND command of HPDESK? This name enables one to send
a message to all users in the mailnode. But lately, there's been
some desire from our upper management to control its use.

I looked at MAILCONFIG, but the EVERYONE capability is automatically allowed
for all, and according to HP, there's no way to change that.
They gave me SR # 5003-252965. From HP's view, we can enable or disable
this capability for ALL, but not selectively.

I tried adding a user with the name of "*EVERYONE", but mailconfig
won't accept it. I also tried modifying the name thru MAILUTIL, but
it won't let me. I am not sure if QUERY would allow me to change
a name to *EVERYONE.

I can re-configure some users to a different mail node, so they won't receive
the '*everyone' messages, but that is not the answer were looking for.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this one?   Thanks.