HP3000-L Archives

August 1995, Week 4

From:
Daniel Kosack <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Daniel Kosack <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Aug 1995 13:25:25 GMT
  There is a module in Linux (part of AT&T Plan 9 I believe), called
userfs, which allows processes to be mounted as a file system.  One
example would be to start an ftp _session_, and mount it as a file system,
under a real mount point.  People have also mounted their mail and such
as file systems, making each letter it's own file or such.

  I'm wondering if anyone has done something similar to this for MPE?
Could it be possible to start Kermit Server on a MPE system, start a
kermit client on a UNIX (or Plan 9) system, and mount the process?  Has
anyone done this?  I don't plan to use it much, so I can't justify
spending big money on NFS for MPE/V...

  Of course, a 'mpefs' <?> module would have to be written for userfs,
but that isn't any big deal.  Actually, I probably wouldn't even need
kermit, I could just start a session on MPE, and just have a regular
interface?

--
Daniel Kosack -= LinuxMan =-

               A clock cycle is a terrible thing to waste.  -- me.