HP3000-L Archives

August 1995, Week 4

From:
Nigel Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nigel Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Aug 1995 22:38:26 GMT
Gilles Schipper ([log in to unmask]) wrote:
: On  21 Aug 1995, Marvin Barnes wrote:
: 5. Widespread free invitation to vendor show.

: Surely that has to be a positive.  I would think most vendors would be
: delighted. I know many HP users in the Toronto area who would not have
: visited otherwise.  And I know vendors who were happy to have an expanded
: market.

One of the potential evils of free access days to the exhibit floor
is that the % of tire kickers goes up. Often, they are more interested
in whatever freebies they can snag (sometime taking mouse pads etc
thinking they are free). You'd also be amazed at how much collateral
can disappear on these days which is probably going to go into a
bin - and this costs the vendor money.

It has been my experience that machines on demo stations are more likely
to be fiddled with (s/w deleted, desktops mangled etc) on these days.

--
Nigel Campbell            Voice: (613) 738-1338 ext 3016   P.O. Box 9707,Stn.T
Business Intelligence       FAX: (613) 738-0002            3755 Riverside Dr.