HP3000-L Archives

August 1995, Week 3

From:
"F. Alfredo Rego" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 20 Aug 1995 16:44:11 MST
Guy Smith said:
> If I had my druthers, I'd leave the intrinsics be and have common
> utilities report both the current and maximum capacities.  This would
> provide all necessary information as well as remind me what datasets
> I have configured for automatic expansion and how big they might
> become.

More than a year ago, Adager (as a common utility) began doing
precisely that, Guy.  By now, all Adager customers should have a version
that reports (for datasets that are DDX-enabled) the MAXIMUM
capacity and then, as an aside, the current capacity and the increment.
For datasets that are not DDX-enabled, Adager does not even mention
DDX (as you would expect).

Cordially,

Alfredo

F. Alfredo Rego
Adager Labs
Sun Valley, Idaho 83353-3000  --  U.S.A.

(The "3000" in my zip code is not there by accident.  I believe the
"3000" in HP's corporate address is not there by accident either.)