HP3000-L Archives

August 1995, Week 3

From:
Marvin Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Marvin Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Aug 1995 16:09:18 -0600
On Sat, 19 Aug 1995, Jerry Bostick wrote:

> i think this years conference was *a great success*.  However,
> IMHO,  the INTEREX party sucked and so do HP workstations ;>)
<<snip>>

> * took 45 min.s to get food.
> * took 35 min.s to get 2 beers.
> * took 30 min to get second round of beers.
> * less than 2 hours and all beer gone.
> * hanger not nearly large enough and too hot to dance (for me).
> * left on first boat back.

How did you get served so fast.  I was on ferry #2 and gave up after an
hour waiting for food.  Beer was achieved by "slipping in" with the help
of a friend.

> Maybe INTEREX should go back the system where the local
> regional user group helps coordinate the conference
> (including the party)  I think the S.D. beach party, a
> few years ago, is a good example.

I agree that anything would ahve been much better.  The local rug would
have had a better feel for what to expect.

I have heard the rational that 300 extra people showed up.  Maybe because
no one checked for any id from attendees 300 locals joined in.  At the
Monday night party, people were coming and going to the vendor floor thru
the curtains.  Maybe security was the problem over all???

Marvin Barnes                       EMail [log in to unmask]
3240 Addison Avenue East            Telephone: 208.733.7307
P.O. Box U                          FAX: 208.733.7309
Twin Falls, ID 83303-0446