HP3000-L Archives

August 1995, Week 1

From:
Daniel Kosack <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Daniel Kosack <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Aug 1995 07:33:21 -0400
On Thu, 3 Aug 1995, Kirk Olson wrote:

> I am interested in setting up a single MPE box to have multiple
> domains or virtual machines.  You know, a way to have two+
> manager.sys, identical accounts and groups (I have a
> application software limitation that requires this), but with
> entirely different data in each.  Has anyone ever considered
> this, or heard of doing this on an HP3K?

  This would no doubt require a kernel patch to MPE/iX.  The closest you
could get is to change disk volumes whenever you wanted to go from one
set to another.  What exactly do you have to do?  Are you sure there
isn't an alternative method?

Daniel Kosack -= LinuxMan =-

               A clock cycle is a terrible thing to waste.  -- me.