HP3000-L Archives

July 1995, Week 5

From:
Goetz Neumann <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Goetz Neumann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 31 Jul 1995 13:45:07 GMT
"Paul H. Christidis" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Running 5.0 on a 967SX.  Yesterday the system hangs.  Was able to logon
>through a DS session, did some showproc commands (The session where I tried
>to run Glancexl was hung).  The Glancexl and a Restore sessions showed up
>in 'BLKCB' state while most others in a 'WAIT' state.

Which 5.0 are you running ?
If it is X.50.20 (aka 5.0 Pull, check SHOWME) your problem might be
known and fixed with the patch MPEGXU8A. (and its superseders, if any)
I'm only guessing here - without a DUMP - but I've experienced the above
problem between RESTORE and GLANCEXL (especially if you try to find out the
open files of RESTORE with GLANCEXL) myself some months ago.

If you are on C.50.00 you have a different problem since the fix
for MPEGXU8 went into the 5.0 PUSH release.

>Discover ESCODE code during validation of LDEV2. Proceeding without it.
>SYSTEM ABORT 1050 FROM SUBSYSTEM 101
>SYSTEM HALT 7, $041A
>and the status register was cycling the codes: DEAD,BF07,0104,021A
>
>Called RC. The software and hardware guys logon and cannot find anything.
>We can restart the system and seem to be running fine but every time we
>perform a shutdown followed by a restart and then perform a dump the same
>error occurs.  The RC is stumped.

How do you 'restart' ? CM> RS  or CM> TC ?

>Any Ideas?

No, not for that second phenonemon.

Goetz Neumann.
HP Response Center Germany.