HP3000-L Archives

July 1995, Week 5

From:
Brian Duncombe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brian Duncombe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Jul 1995 08:42:41 -0400
At 11:08 AM 7/28/95 PDT, Tracy wrote:
>HP-UX Allbase/4GL Users:
[most everything snipped]
>Thanks for your input,
>Tracy DeDore
>Product Manager
>Hewlett-Packard

I am not a user of Allbase/4GL on the HP-UX platform (or any other platform)
but..

You obviously missed the orientation session Dave P gave on the "HP Way" and
his explaination of how and why it might build lasting relationships.

If I were a customer who had committed to development using the Allbase/4GL
product and had invested $$ in software systems installed and running, I
would be very upset at even the hint that you might not continue to support
me as a partner into the future.  That HP-UX 10.0 is into distribution and
you are asking is, IMHO, a galling indictment of where HP is going or has
already gone (some bright lights as a glaring exception).

Sounds a lot like they aren't learning the lessons from Transact eh ??
Brian Duncombe  [log in to unmask]
    "You know you've achieved perfection in design,
     Not when you have nothing more to add,
     But when you have nothing more to take away."
         Antoine de Saint Exupery