HP3000-L Archives

July 1995, Week 4

From:
Charles Finley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Charles Finley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Jul 1995 13:19:38 -0700
On Jul 23,  3:51pm, Mike Keyes wrote:
> Subject: PC connect to HP3000
> We have a 917LX, version 5.0 , and would like to use a Buskro ink jet
printer,
> with a 486 PC, to print ASCII mailing list files from the HP3000. Does anyone
> have any suggestions regarding how to set this up eg. do we need a network
> such as NETWARE or LANTASTIC, or can we use a package like REFLECTION
> 3000 CONNECTION, or MINISOFT 92 ? Any advice would be appreciated.

If you put NIC in one PC and attach it to the same cable that the LANIC in your
HP 300O is attached to you will have a network.  Netware and LANTASTIC will add
nothing usful for transfering files or communicating with the HP 3000.  Further
if you put either Reflection 3000 connect or Minisoft 92 on that PC you will
have a TCP/IP stack that can work in concert with the one supplied with MPE iX
5.0.  This will allow you to use FTP to transfer files between the two machines
provided you purchase FTP (Reflection Network Series) for the PC.  The HP 3000
under MPE iX 5.0 comes with FTP.

|  Charles Finley                                 Internet: [log in to unmask] |
|  ConAm Corporation                              Voice:  (310) 419-2200      |
|  546 N. Oak St., Inglewood, CA 90302            FAX:    (310) 419-2275      |