HP3000-L Archives

July 1995, Week 4

From:
Stan Sieler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stan Sieler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Jul 1995 10:20:06 -0700
Bruce writes:
> >>Is there any way for a user process to get the actual name of an open
> >>data base? I'm looking for the fully-qualified MPE filename of the root
> >>file that was actually opened.
> Based on Paul's suggestion, I tried this using FLABELINFO instead of

Although this caution may not apply to Bruce's environment, I have to
point out that neither FOPEN (dbname) nor FLABELINFO (dbname) are
guaranteed to work correctly:

   1) a :RESET or a :FILE command could have been done since the DBOPEN,
      causing the subsequent FOPEN/FLABELINFO (dbname) to get the *wrong*
      (or no) database.

   2) The FOPEN could fail for a variety of reasons (e.g., too many files
      open, exclusive access).

I've passed a request for an new DBINFO item (to return the
name of the database) to the IMAGE lab.

--
Stan Sieler                                          [log in to unmask]
                                     http://www.allegro.com/sieler.html