HP3000-L Archives

June 1995, Week 5

From:
Randy Medd <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Randy Medd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jun 1995 08:17:27 -0700
>Are the GNU Emacs sources easily ported to a 3000 running MPE?  If
>not, does anybody have emacs sources for MPE?  Thanks.

I'd be astonished if GNU Emacs ported to MPE/iX, just judging on the
trouble I've had compiling on various Unix/VMS hosts.

There _is_ a version of microEmacs on the CSL, however.  It won't make
you forget about GNU, but (for those of us who care) it _is_
preferable to using vi.

If you can't find/access the CSL version, let me know.  We've got a
slightly tweaked version in (low) use here.

--
Randy Medd