HP3000-L Archives

June 1995, Week 5

From:
Larry Boyd <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Larry Boyd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jun 1995 05:31:26 -0700
Dan Hollis wrote:
> We are thinking of perhaps purchasing SPLash to be able to move some legacy
> code into the 90's. I was wondering if anyone can give us some input (good
> or bad) on experiences with SPLash.

I'm sure Stan can answer the specific questions you have, however I can a
plug as a user.  We've been using SPLash! for about five years.  It does
many things very well.  The only issue that I've come across is handling
the long pointers for long map files.  Assigning the pointers was not
straightforward, however, it was easy to develop a little 5 command
DEFINE that does the assignment quickly.  I would recommend SPLash! to
everyone.  It really is a great compiler.  If you want to do more
advanced NM items, it will do those also.

Larry Boyd    <[log in to unmask]>