HP3000-L Archives

June 1995, Week 4

From:
Kirk Whelan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 23 Jun 1995 18:26:43 GMT
Warning *PLUG ALERT*

SMM Software sells a product in the UK called SPINNER which competes
with Fantasia and to a lesser extent Formation. A product called
Lasersoft would have been its closer rival.

In the UK Hewlett Packard have replaced all bar one of their production
electronic forms with SPINNER including nearly all of their HP2680
based output. Over 125,000 spoolfiles are processed every month.
They use it print Invoices,Despatch Notes,Quotations, etc.
SPINNER can process take a spoolfile destined to go a HP2680 and
make it come out on a laser at its full production speed with no change
to the application.

SPINNER can process all CODA reports including the dreaded LEDREP.

Most DRC sites in UK run SPINNER.

A lot of blue chip companies run SPINNER to do their Electronic Forms.
SPINNER has also been cleared by the Federal Drug Adminstration for
use in the GLAXO production line for the preparation of drug production.

If anyone went to the San Franciso Interex meeting, the print runs
that were not just feature prints were taken from a DRC live invoice
run with the data scrambled. The output consisted of a customer and
accounts copy sided by side. Each and every page of the 4300 printout
had different data on it.

SPINNER is continously being developed on the HP3000 and parts already
exist on HPUX.
Our most recent development, is a PC front end option that gives PC forms
design ability. We support most PC packages including JETFORM, WINDFORM,
FORMS PROFESSIONAL ( which looks and feels like Fantasia PC ). Word
for Windows output is also accepted. All these products will enable
"Field Fill" techniques.

SPINNER can sent output ( or part ) to HPDESK, 3k Associates Electronic
Mail Package, as well as to Craig Fransens Office Extend Serial and Lan
Fax products. 3COM UK fax upto 800 documents a day all over Europe
using SPINNER as well as all of their other printing to every office
all over Europe.

We can also drive the C30 serially its rated speed.

Barings the world famous bank produce all of their client reports
with SPINNER.

SPINNER can just about any job no matter how complex.

You can reprint any copy in a multicopy output from any page to any
page, as well as put output straight into a PC based COLD product
called Electrofiche+ with electronic forms version control.

The list of SPINNER features are endless and constantly being added to.

Color has been supported for well over two years. We can even send
reports to poscript printers and still print at the rated speed.

We can even help line printer owners to reformat their output so
that they could redesign their pre printed stationary.

SPINNER also has a programmers interface thus enabling database
access to extra information to be placed on the data page.

All of our customers will provide REAL glowing references.

If anyone has hit the functionality limits of other products give
SPINNER a try. I think you will be presently supprised.

Examples of SPINNER output was on display for any to see at
the European User Group conference in Stuggart earlier this week,
Yep, I was there, and had a great time!

If any would like more information, e-mail me a fax number and
I will sent still more information on SPINNERs features.

I apologise for wasting the band width and taking up peoples time
if this information is of no use.
|Kirk Whelan         Tel: 784-436234   SMM Software Limited, 42a High Street,|
|Technical Director  Fax: 784-433315   Egham, Surrey, UK.  TW20 9DP.         |