HP3000-L Archives

June 1995, Week 4

From:
Guy Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Guy Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Jun 1995 12:15:03 EDT
Denys wrote:

> I was going to suggest that you move to a G.x release on IMAGE/SQL.  There
> seems to be some occasion when the system locks up at detach time.  Also
> check out the RECOVER command in IMAGESQL.PUB.SYS.

Denys reports on a problem we are having, and working with HP to resolve.
We have not yet nailed down the combination of events needed to hang the
system, but have determined that using an input command file (either via
CI redirection or through STDIN=) can cause IMAGESQL to dead loop.

In the test we ran last night, an MPEX command file created a temporay file
with CI redirection.  The flat file contained nothing more than the
SET TURBODB, SET DBE and DETACH statements.  IMAGESQL entered a loop
and consummed all non-linear queue CPU (i.e., we were logged into the BQ
and could watch the bugger run).

The same commands entered by hand produce normal results.  Go Figure.
Guy Smith                                Voice:  804-527-4000 ext 6664
Circuit City Stores, Inc.                  FAX:  804-527-4008
9950 Mayland Drive                      E-Mail:  [log in to unmask]
Richmond, VA 23233-1464         Private E-Mail:  [log in to unmask]

The thoughts expressed herein are mine and do not reflect those of my
employer, or anyone with common sense.