HP3000-L Archives

June 1995, Week 4

Date:
Thu, 22 Jun 1995 10:48:00 -0700
([log in to unmask]) writes:

<big snip>

>thought it was attached to Turbo and vice versa.  Everything looked nice.  I
>ran IMAGESQL, did a SET TURBODB, a SET SQLDBE, then issued the DETACH
>command.  Boom!  Once again the system fell over on it's side.

>FYI, the IMAGESQL version is F0.25.  An S/R has been submitted for the
>anomalous DISPLAY MAP behavior and I'm now trying to get the DETACH behavior
>included in that S/R.

>This is so much fun!

>BTW, to recover the second case I *merely* purged both the TurboDB and the
>SQLDBE.  It's a good this they were both development databases -- I don't
>know what I would have done had one or both of them been production.

I have not had the pleasure of experiencing this one, though it has
been a very
rocky road trying to get the Image/SQL utility ready for our production
environment.  Evan's experience makes me wonder, how many people are really
using Image/SQL in a production environment?  How many Turbo databases
attached, keys split, etc.?  Any experiences like the above?

FWIW, we are on Image/SQL version G0.05, which appears to have cleared up
some of the Attach/Detach problems we were experiencing.

Denis Brasfield
Communications Technology Center   Email:  [log in to unmask]
3860 159th Avenue NE, Suite 150     Phone:  (206) 556-1704  (scan 294-1704)
Redmond, WA 98052-6304             Fax:    (206) 881-4470