HP3000-L Archives

June 1995, Week 3

From:
Barry Lloyd <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Barry Lloyd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jun 1995 12:23:55 -0500
Stephen,

I don't have a workaround for you however, CA seems to  know this problem
exists
and is working to certify its product for compatibility with MPE/iX 5.0.

Currently we are avoiding an update to 5.0 until we know that MANMAN will work
with 5.0.

Wayne Holt from SRN pointed out that the crux of the problem with MANMAN
and WINGSPAN lies with CA's decision to drop support for the WINGSPAN
product. Apparently CA does not have legal access to the current version
of WINGSPAN and is using a pre-5.0 version of WINGSPAN.

Wayne also pointed out that they've worked with several
MANMAN clients who moved to 5.0 and encountered numerous problems with
short-mapped file space. This was done on a consulting basis.

Sounds like you've established the best work around I've heard of
- using VPLUS instead of WINGSPAN.

I as well as many other MANMAN users here on the list have been
in search of other MANMAN users who have upgraded to 5.0 ,
to find out if there were any problems (other than those CA/ASK
says there are - {WINSPAN probs} with MANMAN).

Have you found problems with screens other than MA 100 , MA 270 -in MFG
and MA 100 in GL (the WINGSPAN screens CA claims are the only screens the
WINGSPAN problem affects) ?
Any other problems with upgrading from 4 to 5 ?
Seen any problems with short-mapped file space ?
Am I correct in assuming that you switched to VPLUS from
WINGSPAN by setting it up in the password utility ?

If you are interested in contacting SRN let me know and I will
email you the phone number. . . . . .

Barry

Barry Lloyd
KEPS a Kodak company