HP3000-L Archives

June 1995, Week 2

From:
"Eric J. Schubert" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Eric J. Schubert
Date:
Thu, 8 Jun 1995 10:16:13 -0400
In article <H00000660000bc02@MHS> [log in to unmask] writes:
>Sure you can. I have NFS on my 3000. I can mount my unix systems from
>the 3000 and vice versa. Works keen. NFS/iX from Quest Software.

We are running a demo of an HP3000 client transparently accessing AFS file
space.  AFS is a distributed file system (similar and earlier form of DFS
under DCE) - no matter what host I login on campus - my root file directory
and my files "follow" me there to that host.

I now can logon to my HP3000 account; run the Posix shell and "cd afs" - I'm
there accessing my files in AFS file space (files not located on the
HP) while logged on to the 3k.

It happens through the 3k Quest NFS client mounting an NFS/AFS translator on a
Sun workstation.
Eric J Schubert               Senior Data Base Analyst
Admin Information Services    Univ of Notre Dame, IN USA
(219) 631-7306                http://www.nd.edu/~eschuber