HP3000-L Archives

June 1995, Week 1

From:
Ron Seybold <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ron Seybold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Jun 1995 13:38:40 -0500
In article <[log in to unmask]>, [log in to unmask] wrote:

> The editorial below will appear in this week's TIME magazine, whose cover
> story this week is Bill Gates. I liked it enough to waste a little bandwidth;

[Simplistic editorial, ceding total control of computers to Gates, snipped]

Sure, and Mussolini made the trains run on time. There was just that
little discomfort of riding the trains through a dictatorship...

Leave it to Time to sound-bite our industry. I love the part in the
editorial about how monopolies are good: the phone system worked better
when ATT was the only game in town. This must be written by somebody too
young to remember Ma Bell, who inspired Lily Tomlin's Ernestine parody on
Laugh In. Give us less of Gates. He won't make computers easier to use
unless it fills his overstuffed billfold. He certainly hasn't yet.

--
Ron Seybold
Seybold Media