HP3000-L Archives

June 1995, Week 1

From:
James Herod <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
James Herod <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 4 Jun 1995 19:35:03 GMT
In article <[log in to unmask]>,
Israel Frankel <[log in to unmask]> cried out for help:

>I'm trying to get Delphi to talk to the MB Foster ODBC link on the HP
>3000. It seems like the ODBC setup went fine but I'm not sure about
>the Delphi side of things despite the overwhelming amount of
>documentation :] on the subject. I have the G1 Image beta which is
>supposed to support Omnidex through the TPI and am curious to see if
>it all works.

Israel,

        Did you try configuring ODBC data sources in ReportSmith first?
If ReportSmith can operate properly over an ODBC link, Delphi should work
fine.  The reason I suggest ReportSmith first is that it is simpler to con-
figure and test a connection.  Delphi requires pasting together several
database access objects before a connection will _visibly_ work.

        Let us know how it comes out.

--Jim Herod