HP3000-L Archives

May 1995, Week 5

From:
Larry Boyd <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Larry Boyd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 May 1995 14:14:04 -0700
Brian White wrote:

> We're having a bit of trouble using mapped files on MPE/iX 5.0.
> (FYI - Showme says Release is C.50.00, MPE/iX HP31900 B.79.06, User Version
> C.50.00)
>
>(Snipped)
>
> We've also tried doing an FCONTROL controlcode 6 after the last record
> has been "written" (memcpy'd) to the file, and before the qsort; but this
> had no effect on updating the EOF; it remained at 0.
>
>(snipped)

I ran into some problems with the EOF and such, myself.  I was sure the
problem was mine and not HP's.  Without looking at the code, it's
difficult to see the problem.  You could use nmdebug to watch the
FWRITEs.  Or, if you don't like nmdebug, you could implement a LISTF,2 of
the file to "watch" it change in size.

If this doesn't help narrow down the problem, you could write a *very*
basic test program.

If you want to send a little of the code, we might be able to help a
little more.

Larry Boyd    <[log in to unmask]>