HP3000-L Archives

May 1995, Week 4

From:
Martin Knapp <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Martin Knapp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 May 1995 10:00:53 PDT
Mark Bixby wrote

>We have an HP 3000/980 running MPE/iX 4.0 attached to the same LAN
>as our
>Microsoft WindowsForWorkgroups PCs.  We'd like to know what
>solutions exist
>(if any) that allow us to:

>1) From a WfWg PC, use standard WfWg printing mechanisms to send
>output through
>the LAN into the MPE system and out to the dedicated (non-LAN) MPE
>printers.

>2) From the MPE system, be able to send output spoolfiles over the
>LAN to any
>WfWg-attached printer.

There may be various solutions to what you want to do, including
getting the printers on a LAN and using JeyDirect cards. But in
Mark's present configuration, it sounds as if he wants a spoolfile
manager.
After many years of working as a multi-site systems manager, I have
no hesitation at all in recommending Unispool, by Holland House. This
is the best print management product I've seen for the HP3000 (and
connected PC's by the way). I don't know who their US distributor is,
but they can be reached at:
HOLLAND HOUSE
PO BOX 3000
5306 ZX BRAKEL
NETHERLANDS
Phone: (+31)-4187-3000
Fax:   (+31)-4187-3060

Yours sincerely,

Martin Knapp

Martin Knapp                             Voice:  (+44)-1689-877-933
Proactive Systems                          FAX:  (+44)-1689-891-475
Central Court                           E-Mail:  [log in to unmask]
Knoll Rise
Orpington
Kent, BR6 0JA
United Kingdom