HP3000-L Archives

May 1995, Week 4

From:
Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 24 May 1995 19:58:56 EDT
From: Steve Dirickson b894 westwins <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: RE: httpd, lynx, gopher, etc
Date: Wed, 24 May 95 17:45:00 P

<<I would recommend that a define that is already generated by the
compiler be used. That simplifies the task of configuring for a target.
While I have nothing wrong with David's suggestion, it isn't already
generated automatically by C on the 3000.>>

But we aren't trying to solve the "which machine am I on?" issue; as you
mention, the compiler already answers that question, with the
pre-#defined identifier "__mpexl". The current topic is how to answer the
question "Is this MPE-type source or Posix-type source?" There's
currently no answer to that.