HP3000-L Archives

May 1995, Week 4

From:
Bob Dewitt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob Dewitt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 May 1995 15:55:19 CET
>>  I would love to hear that someone has used the HPDesk Intrinsics to
>>  write a good, fully-functional HPDesk/SMTP gateway.  I've been looking
>>  for one for months.

> OpenMail.  http://www.openmail.external.hp.com/OpenMail

Ummm.  OK, great, but then I've got to buy an HP 9000 just to get a
functional HPDesk gateway ....

I do agree, however, that the full-functionality of the HPDesk/OpenMail
gateway *does* demonstrate the potential for using the OpenDesk Intrinsics
to do the same thing for HPDesk/SMTP (without also requiring OpenMail,
X.400 addressing, ...)

--Bob DeWitt