HP3000-L Archives

May 1995, Week 4

From:
Bob Walker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 26 May 1995 12:03:07 PST8PDT
Randy Smith said...

>Don't quote me on this,
> but the SQL group folks at the RC told me that they don't test
> using MS 32 bit TCP stack (they use other "more common" stacks like
> WRQ, FTP, etc), so most likely it's an incompatibility problem.
> I've heard almost that same response on a different call, and it turned
> out that product worked fine with the MS stack.
> So, I'm *not* entirely sure that the stack is the problem.

We've been doing ODBC access to ALLBASE(and Image/SQL) for quite
sometime.  We use  LWP Winsock v4.1(now owned by Novell).
 I know that ALLBASE is VERY senstive to the Winsock. WRQ and FTP
seem to be the most common and stable.

We tried to upgrade to LWP 4.2 but couldn't.  RC verified that there
were problems with ALLBASE and LWP 4.2  We are now back on LWP 4.1.

I don't know what the status is of ALLBASE and MS Winsock(16 or 32
bit) but sure would like to find out.

Bob
--=--=--
Bob Walker, Computer Centre  --  [log in to unmask]
Capilano College, North Vancouver, BC, CANADA.
-- Windows '95 - making your PC work like a Mac.