HP3000-L Archives

May 1995, Week 3

From:
Jerry Walsh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jerry Walsh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 May 1995 17:14:56 GMT
In <[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask] (patnaude frank) writes:

>Hello.
>       I am a PowerBuilder programmer who was given the task of getting
>PowerBuilder 4 to work with our HP Image database using ODBC. I know
very
>little of the HP world, but I would accept any help that anyone can
offer.
>Here is a little information about out HP environment:
>
>HP 3000 running the MPE Operating System, version 4.0 (v5.0 in about a
month.)
>Turbo Image/XL Database version C.04.06
>Image/SQL version B.F0.25
>
>Thanks,
>Frank Patnaude
>UMBC Applications Programmer

Powerbuilder supports Allbase/SQL, it may be easier to migrate to
Allbase since IMAGE is not a relational database and you would
lose some major benefits of data relating in Powerbuilder.
On example is you can not add keys on the fly in IMAGE, it
is quite possible that if you related tables in SQL and had
some sort of interface to IMAGE, the table will relate without
the use of keys, therefore giving a very unefficient record
transaction.