HP3000-L Archives

May 1995, Week 1

From:
Mel Rees <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 4 May 1995 04:33:37 -0700
This may be a little early for this but here goes...

I am trying to us a Final Beta Release of Windows 95 as a Client on my
TCP/IP network.  It was Windows for Workgroups 3.11 before I set this
up.  Anyway, I can attach to my Resource Sharing discs on the HP3000 but
files with extensions that are not "registered" in windows appear with
garbage (like |??????????#$) in then and Windows 95 has a lot of problems
with them.  Most normal files that windows recognizes seem to work fine.
I'm running MPE iX 5.0 and the latest version of Resource Sharing.  It
works fine with WFWG 3.11 and NT 3.5.  I have tried to disable LONG
FILENAMES per the README file but it didn't work.  I would really like
this to work before everyone starts installing Windows 95 (its "way cool").

TIA
Mel Rees