HP3000-L Archives

May 1995, Week 1

From:
"Gwin, Marise/EUG" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gwin, Marise/EUG
Date:
Tue, 2 May 1995 22:19:00 PDT
I am truly sorry.  If I had thought it would be taken so badly you can bet
it never would had been typed. . . .
 ----------
: Ross Ridge writes:

: >>Found on the Internet, written by one of the authors of the Unix Hater's
: >>Handbook.In addition to being unreliable and costly, Unix is also
: unsecure.

: >[ Recycled anti-Unix bigotry deleted. ]

: >Is this supposed to change anyone's opinion?

: Only if your job depends on system security, I suppose.  I got pretty
: cautious when the machines really became my responsibility. . . of course,
: that happened at about the same time I crested age 30 as well.
 Coincidence?
:  Maybe. . .

:  -- Marise

Not worth an intelligent response... How are you getting to the internet
anyway? Unplug it and you will be as secure as MPE.
Provided that is that you have as much unix knowledge in shop as you do
MPE.

peace