HP3000-L Archives

May 1995, Week 1

Chris Breemer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 May 1995 14:00:11 METDST
Martin Knapp wrote:

> I am involved in porting software written in C++ on the HP9000, onto
> MPE/iX, and I am looking for a C++ compiler on the HP3000. Does
> anyone know if such a thing exists? Alternatively, does anyone have
> any experience in this field such that they could point me in the
> right direction?

I have been asking this same question on this list not long ago. Glad that
somebody else brings it up, too. At Uniface, we are shifting development from C
to C++, and MPE/iX is the odd one out. All our other platforms have it,
even IBM MVS !

Except for public domain (GNU) stuff, there does not seem to be anything. The
response from HP went like 'Yes we know it's important' and 'No it's not trivial
to port from HP9000 to HP3000'. But no plans or intention to provide it ...
If they REALLY want apps to be ported to MPE, they should deliver C++ PDQ !

--

:)
Chris Breemer