HP3000-L Archives

April 1995, Week 4

Date:
Mon, 24 Apr 1995 22:04:07 -0400
This is a message to those of us are in about to upgrade to MPE/IX 5.0.  I
began
to upgrade my system this weekend and the update failed when I used
'UPDATE'.  I  call the Response center and they confirmed that  DDS
2.0 GB Dat drives with firmware revision 11.16  causes the update to fail.
  Thankfully it fails before any OS changes are made and a 'START
NORECOVERY'  allows you to use your system again without any ill effects.
  Has anyone else had this problem?   I think it's time we are made aware
of this problem before coming in on a weekend and you end up getting
nothing accomplished.   I was trying to upgrade a 947 to MPE 5.0.