HP3000-L Archives

April 1995, Week 4

From:
James English <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
James English <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Apr 1995 01:53:02 GMT
I've been programming an HP3K with TurboImage databases at work for the
past year or so, using Fortran. Since we are new to the HP3000 and
TurboImage, I'd like any help that anybody can give.

Does anybody know what is contained in the root file of a TurboImage
database?

The reason I ask this is that I'd like to be able to copy just a few
datasets from one database (a Test database) to another database (a
Production database). I figure I would use a utility such as DBCPlus to
define the dataset to the Production database, and then copy the
dataset from the Test database group to the Production database group.
Can this work?

I'm not sure if this would corrupt the database or not.

The way I would normally do this is to define the dataset in
Production, unload the data from Test, and load the data into the
Production file.

Thanks for any help you can give.