HP3000-L Archives

April 1995, Week 4

From:
Kevin Barker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kevin Barker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Apr 1995 17:42:24 PDT
I am working w/ a shop that has an HP3000 that connects to their wide area

network and uses HPDesk to send job status info through an SMTP gateway to a

PC based email system (Groupwise from Novell). They would like to expand the

link and start using Email to "distribute reports electronically", whatever

that means.

Has anyone out there done something similar, or have any ideas on where to

start? My thought would be to somehow get the data off of the HP and into a one

of the new "transportable" file formats like Adobe Acrobat, but that is all I

have up with so far.

Any ideas, suggestions, comments are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Improving Communications Through Electronic Tools
       Kevin Barker
       Internet: [log in to unmask]
       Compuserve: 70620,321
       Telephone: 818-717-4637