HP3000-L Archives

April 1995, Week 4

From:
Steve Elmer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Steve Elmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Apr 1995 20:35:45 GMT
Steve ([log in to unmask]) wrote:
: The local library has a system that you can dial in with a modem to.  Now,
: when I dial in I get a prompt to login, so I type: HELLO, PUBLIC.LIBRARY
: this shoots me right to the library stuff. Now, is this an MPE "shell" or
: what?  BTW, what are the MPE commands if I find myself not in the library
: software, but actually out at the main MPE (shell??) prompt?  Thanks!

Have you tried the help command yet?  If that fails, does man work?