HP3000-L Archives

April 1995, Week 4

From:
Donna Garverick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 27 Apr 1995 06:43:02 CST
Given how long I've been on HP's, you'd think I'd know the answer to this...
but anyhow.  We've written a program to clean-up one of our databases.
It's doing a serial read on a manual master set followed by a delete.
My question is - if the delete works, what happens to the file pointer?
One would think that it should be pointing to the next record in line
but the performance of our program seems to be saying otherwise.  It's
taking several passes to get all the records removed.  I should add
that we're using an o-l-d (and I mean OLD) version of Image, so this
may be something that was fixed a long time ago.    - d