HP3000-L Archives

April 1995, Week 3

From:
karl klebenow <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
karl klebenow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Apr 1995 16:20:11 EST
Gentlemen
 Courtesy of Mr. Wowchuk, I've got my 3000 (almost) set up as a mail server.
I'm trying to get the 3000 to send mail to a *local*  mailhost machine. The
"almost" is that mail is only sent when my dialup Internet connection is
"up". And if the connection is not up, an attempt to bring it up is made. And
while the dialup is activated - no problem - mail messages go from HP to
mailhost beautifully.

The dialup connection provides me with DNS services. I do not understand why
my dialup connection is being activated, but assume a name resolution problem
exists. I just set up reslvcnf.net.sys, here it is:
     #
     domain stock.com
     search conductor.stock.com
     nameserver 198.62.78.1

Conductor is the nameserver - as well as the mailhost. Can anybody point me
in the right direction and give me a kick? TIA

Karl Klebenow

Stock Equipment company is a supplier of material handling equipment to the
power generation industry.
Phone (216) 543-6000 x531